The following are pictures of the after of organizing my shed, I forgot to take before shots they are easily imagined. Just imagine a shed that had its doors stuck open all season so the floor is covered with debris, cobwebs, and the clutter of simply tossing in bags of supplies from the store. Then spill those shopping bags, tools and other miscellaneous items into the backyard and you have your shot!
Here are the after pictures:
It took a lot of sweeping dirt out of the track but I did finally work it so that both doors open all the way and shut completely.
The large pipes in the center were too long to fit neatly into a corner, and once the sprinklers are finished I will move the extra pipe to the garage.
I save every pot that I get because I am constantly reusing them. One day I may figure out how to get these on some shelving but for now they are simply stacked inside each other ready for next seasons use.
These were some plastic drawers I had in my craft room holding yarn, but they weren’t very useful for that as a couple of skeins and the drawer was full. So I emptied those (now I have to organize my craft room!) and used them to sort through all of my sprinkler fittings as well as a few other odds and ends.
I wrote in a previous post about how I save the seeds to squashes, I have also done this with tomatoes and several other plants. All these seeds ended up in one of the top drawers. My next step is to mark them with the best planing time and sort them by month.
I had a few odds and ends that wouldn’t fit into the drawers so I put them in a bucket. They are all gardening tools, a garden spade, gloves, and things of the like.
I am most proud of this portion of the shed, and this is an excellent example of troubleshoot that I mentioned in the previous post. A while back when I changed my swamp cooler pads I had some metal rods that seemed quite unnecessary and I could not, for the life of me, get them back into the cooler doors. So I left them out. When I was organizing I knew I needed something to hang the hoses and did not want to go to the store. I looked all over trying to get inspiration when I spotted these metal rods. They already had a slight lip at the top where I could slide them onto the metal fittings in the shed and they were easy enough to bend using my body weight. So I stepped on them, bent them into shape, hung them, added the hoses and they work great!
I have to say once I finished the shed I was so proud of myself and felt so good to have all that clutter finally in a semblance of working order that it motivated me to accomplish quite a bit more that day. I ended up mowing my lawn, picking up the dog…ahem…refuse, cleaning, canning, cooking, and I can’t even remember what else. Now every time I look in the back yard I have the sense of relief of “phewph! That is done!!!”
Reach Out And Organize Something